FW: Re: [sork] Vacation and virtual domains, h3-vacation configurating issue

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Thu Jan 13 08:47:15 PST 2005

Quoting - Fredde - <nagash303 at hotmail.com>:

> vpopmail use virtual domains (no user accounts on the server, just one
> directory, like:

That is not a virutal domain, that is a virtual account.  You can have
real accounts and still have virtual domains.

> var/vpopmail/
>
> domains/domain1.com/user1/.maildir/
> domains/domain2.com/user1/.maildir/

If they support a .forward file in that structure, you can use the ftp
driver.  If not, you can't.

> > > Can I get some examples of how to configure the ftp server to work.
> >
> >If your users don't have home directories, you can't use the ftp driver.
> >Maybe the sql driver would work?
>
> Well, yes an no, found a "patched" horde/vacation/lib/qmail.php with support
> for just one vpopmail ftp account to use for transfer the files. The problem
> seems to be that founder didnt post it to horde.org to be included i future
> rel... so its not that updated.

Okay.  Can't help it if people don't submit the code.

> Allright, mabe is a hook "add on" can solve the problem with direct
> vpopmail/virtual domain problem? Should it be in the horde/config/hooks.php?
> How do I configure hooks in vacation?

Not sure, I *think* they're supported in the CVS version, but haven't checked.
If not, they should be (though that doesn't help you any).

It wouldn't be to hard to hack the code to allow for a fixed username and
password.  Also *shouldn't* be too hard to modify the code for such, maybe
just a new driver would be best for this?  Could inherite the ftp class,
and make as few changes as possible to it.

> Well, mabe I can configure my vpopmail to use sql insted of directory.

Only if doing so enables sql forwarding.  Otherwise, no.