[sork] sork/debian - login, but nothing there

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Tue Jan 18 14:24:17 PST 2005

Quoting Chris Cowen <chris at wayforth.co.uk>:

> Hi
> I am having trouble getting sork-accounts working. I have installed the
> debian packages horde2, sork-accounts and sork-vacation in order to
> allow users to set up their out of office replies. I have not
> installed sork-forward or sork-password.

I have no knowledge of those debian packages, or what they do on installation,
so take what I say with a grain of salt.

> When I log into horde, I can see the accounts button, but on pressing it
> nothing happens. There's no error messages and the browser stays in the
> same URL. I can't see any logs appear in any of the following logs:
> apache, horde or mysql. (I'm using imap/ssl/novalidate-certs for
> authentication, and this seems to get me into the main horde screen)

How about your system logs?

One guess is that you (and/or your deb installation) didn't configure
the accounts module in the horde/config/registry.php file, as is needed.
See that file, and/or the horde/accounts/docs/INSTALL file, for info.

> I'm using mysql as the backend for the prefs and I am able to use and
> edit the options, and I can see
> the horde_prefs table being changed when I look from the mysql command
> line view, so this bit is working.

Could also be a configuration issue (when defining the sql setup for
preferences).

> I have uncommented the mysql related lines in
> /etc/sork-vacation/conf.php and I can see the following tables
> in the horde2 DB: horde_categories, horde_categories_categories,
> horde_prefs, horde_users and turba_objects.

I'm not sure this is even needed, and seriously doubt it is why
nothing happens when you click on the icon.

> This is probably a simple mis-configuration but I am stuck, so would
> appreciate any help.

See if "accounts" is enabled in the horde/config/registery.php and if
not, enable it and see if that helps.