[sork] PASSWD with vpopmail

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Fri May 6 12:01:22 PDT 2005

Quoting mark at nbiss.com:

> Thanks for the response.

Please keep replies on the list.

> Is there anywhere info on the expected vpopmail database structure
>  ( by passwd)?

No.  Someone (don't know who, not a Horde core developer) submitted
that driver, which is basically just a re-write of the generic sql
driver.  You'd have to locate that author for info probably.

> Any restrictions on vpopmail version? I'm on 5.4.9

No idea.  I didn't write the vpopmail driver.

> Will it be easier just invoke vpopmail password change utility?

At the time I last looked into this, the vpopmail php functions were
"experimental" and hence we didn't use them.  Since then I guess
they've been removed from php and put into PECL instead.

It'd be great if someone can check out the PECL vpopmail package and
see if it supports password changing in a stable way, and if so,
create a PECL vpopmail driver for passwd.

That could be filed as an Enhancement bug request in whups.horde.org at
least if you wanted.  Better would be someone to check out the PECL package
(http://pecl.php.net/package/vpopmail/) and see if it is useful/stable
and report back on that.  Better yet would be someone to create the new
driver and submit it. :)