[sork] Stale Vacation Development on Horde 3.X framework?? Forkneeded??

Edgar Martinez emartinez at crockettint.com
Mon May 23 14:29:01 PDT 2005

Ha haa..not complaining, just curious along with all the other people who
run with the Horde 3.x framework why it this particular project is not
moving forward. There are so many posts of people attempting to use the
vacation module, only to post and be told "unsupported version". So after
one year, the same questions get the same answers. Why has this project
decided to stay behind?

Thanks for the offer to reuse the old code, but based on the amount of bugs
and initial design, it would probably be a waste to try to reuse. I'll
instead pick up my old LDAP vacation module I started working on a few
months ago and just finish that out. It may take a little while to get it up
to speed since I was using PHP4 and recently moved to PHP5, and its been a
while since I've looked at the subtle diffrences between 4 and 5.

Short of sounding like troll, the question of WHY it hasn't moved forward
with the rest of horde has not been fully explained. I am mainly curious as
to the WHY'S...perhaps there's a good technical reason. I just cant seem to
find one. But from your response, it sounds more like a manpower issue then
anything else. Not looking to crush any ego's at all, I've just been waiting
like a lot of people for this to happen. And it just seems that it never
will for some unknown reason. With the rest of the horde world moving
forward at a nice brisk pace, this particular module just seems outdated and
out of place. Again I apologize for what seems to be negative comments, but
I strongly feel that this module either needs to move up to the new
framework or be replaced with something better that will.

Insert 2 cents here...

news:20050523165657.aqr5ad11cgqm8o04 at marina.horde.org...