[sork] Stale Vacation Development on Horde 3.X framework?? Fork needed??

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Mon May 23 13:56:57 PDT 2005

Quoting Edgar Martinez <emartinez at crockettint.com>:

> So it's closing on 1 year I think since horde went to the 3.x and vacation
> is STILL on old 2.x framework with the latest release again only for the 2.x
> framework...unless I got something wrong here, is there no support to any
> vacation auto-responders thru horde unless you use the older version?? Why
> has this not been moved into 3.x or for that matter can we safely assume
> that it is an impossibility due to poor design and needs to be rebuilt??
> Should I just start building a replacement since this appears to be stale
> and will never move past the 2.x framework?? Are there any other options?

Perfectly working code is in HEAD CVS. Sounds like you're volunteering
to test it with Horde 3.0, make sure everything is solid, write release
announcements, and maintain the web site with news and new minor
versions. Oh, and to go through all of the tickets on bugs.horde.org
that should be closed before a release first.

In which case, great! Go for it.

Otherwise you're just complaining, in which case we'll ignore you.

-chuck

Quincy Adams