[sork] Passwd H3 Beta

Julez blades1 at ix.netcom.com
Fri Sep 2 21:02:16 PDT 2005

Good evening, all.  I've got the Horde 3 framework installed, and I'm
running IMP H3 (4.0.3).  I'm using Courier-IMAP, Qmail, and Vpopmail on the
backend.  I'm trying to get Passwd H3 working, but whenever I try to change
a virtual user's password, I get "Incorrect Password" returned.  From what I
can tell it's coming from my passwd/lib/Driver.php, where it tries to
compare my "oldPassword" with the one it pulls from the database.  I'm
guessing that it has to do with the encryption scheme, but I'm not sure.
I'm not absolutely sure, but I think I'm using Crypt-md5 for Vpopmail (is
that what Vpopmail uses by default?).  I know I have PHP compiled with
Crypt_md5.  I've tried various encryption options in my backends.php file,
but nothing works.

Is there more information I can provide that would be helpful?  Any patches
yet for Passwd H3?  Any ideas what I can do to test what the password gets
encrypted as from the website?

Thanks in advance, and if I need to provide more info, let me know.

/Julian