[sork] enabling passwd

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Wed Sep 21 10:45:07 PDT 2005

Quoting Silver Salonen <silver at ultrasoft.ee>:

> Hi.
>
> I've installed Horde onto my FreeBSD 5.4 from ports and configured it
> successfully. I'm using Horde with webroot => "" and authenticating from
> LDAP.

What version of Horde is that?

> Now I'm trying to get Horde's module Passwd registered. I've got both

What version of Passwd is that?

> backends.php and conf.php in horde/passwd/config and I've set in
> horde/config/registry.php:
> $this->applications['passwd'] = array(
>     'fileroot' => dirname(__FILE__) . '/../passwd',
>     'webroot' => $this->applications['horde']['webroot'] . '/passwd',
>     'name' => _("Password"),
>     'status' => 'active',
>     'menu_parent' => 'myaccount'
> );

That looks correct for Horde 2.x, but...

> But it doesn't seem to help - passwd just doesn't get listed in Horde's
> Administration -> Setup. If I access

The administration setup is, I believe only in Horde 3.x.  Your configuration
above is for Horde 2.x.  My guess is you are running incompatible versions.

If you are running Horde 3.x you will need to run either the CVS HEAD of
passwd or the Release Candidate or Beta release of Passwd, since there is
IIRC no final release of Passwd for Horde 3.x yet (though I could be wrong).