[sork] Minor passwd improvement...

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Fri Oct 7 10:27:39 PDT 2005

Quoting paul kölle <paul at subsignal.org>:

> $userid = Auth::getBareAuth()
> to:
> $userid = ($params['fqdnuser']) ? Auth::getAuth : Auth::getBareAuth()
>
> around line 40 of main.php plus the  new 'fqdnuser' => true/false in
> config/backends.php $params array did the trick.

Yes.  A hook would also work.

> I wonder if there is broader interest in this feature and if it should
> be done differently. Comments?

The functionality is definately of interest.  The implementation (hook
versus configuration) is an issue though, that needs to be resolved.

I think one of the biggest problems with hooks is the lack of documentation
about them.  If someone could document them better (e.g. on the wiki) that
might help things a lot.