[sork] Passwd H3 Final problem with Mysql backend

Marcos Monge mmonge at gmail.com
Fri Dec 2 03:19:05 PST 2005

Hi

I'm using latest Passwd module with latest Horde version.
I have a problem trying to change passwords stored in a mysql database.

I have configured a external mysql server, with all the paremeters correct,
but any time I try to change a password get an error like:

"Failure in changing password on Horde Authentication: Unable to connect to
SQL server."
I have try to use tcpdump at the same time, to see the traffic. And the
problem is that there is nothing... The horde/passwd host, it's not trying
to connect to the mysql server in any way... There is no packets going to
the mysql server.

The declaration of the mysql backend is:

$backends['sql'] = array (
  'name' => 'Horde Authentication',
  'preferred' => '',
  'password policy' => array(
  'minLength' => 3,
  'maxLength' => 8
  ),
  'driver' => 'sql',
  'params' => array(
      'phptype' => 'mysql',
      'hostspec' => 'mysql.mydomain.es',
      'username' => 'mydbusername',
      'password' => 'mydbpassword',
      'encryption' => 'md5-hex',
      'database' => 'mydatabasename',
      'table' => 'users',
      'user_col' => 'user_name',
      'pass_col' => 'user_hash',
      'show_encryption' => false
      // The following two settings allow you to specify custom queries for
      // lookup and modify functions if special functions need to be
      // performed. In places where a username or a password needs to be
      // used, refer to this placeholder reference:
      // %u -> gets substituted with the user
      // %p -> gets substituted with the plaintext password
      // %e -> gets substituted with the encrypted password
      //
      // 'query_lookup' => 'SELECT user_pass FROM horde_users WHERE user_uid
= %u',
      // 'query_modify' => 'UPDATE horde_users SET user_pass = %e WHERE
user_uid = %u',
    )
);

Any idea?