[sork] INSERT into my own database.table via the passwd backend.php sql driver

Mark Worsdall sork at worsdall.demon.co.uk
Thu Feb 9 08:25:02 PST 2006

Hi,

Was unable to get the perl script to be run from procre because of
permissions etc, so decided to try and do what the script actually does
via the sql driver.

Here is my entry for backend.php

$backends['sql'] = array (
     'name' => 'Testing SQL Server',
     'preferred' => '',
     'password policy' => array(),
     'driver' => 'sql',
     'params' => array(
         'phptype'    => 'mysql',
         'hostspec'   => 'localhost',
         'username'   => 'myusername',
         'password'   => 'mypasswd2datase',
         'database'   => 'mydatabase',
         'table'      => 'office_admin',
         'query_modify' => 'INSERT INTO office_admin (JobName, script)
VALUES (\'system\', \'/usr/local/etc/sbin/passwdUpdate.pl\')'
     )
);

So I was hoping that horde would take all the values above and execute
the INSERT command.

Had this been successful, the script /usr/local/etc/sbin/passwdUpdate.pl
would have been run by another process.

On the pear_debug at stated it was looking for user_uid, so I even tried
modifying my table to have those 2 columns, but this still did not work.

Am I to assume that this function will never be able to work?

M.
--
Mark Worsdall
http://www.shadowrobot.com/  need a hand??