[sork] passwd parameters to own script

Mark Worsdall sork at worsdall.demon.co.uk
Fri Feb 10 11:32:26 PST 2006

In message <20060207203809.rhhvasoi99cock4g at mail.ph.utexas.edu>, Eric
Jon Rostetter <eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu> writes
>Quoting Mark Worsdall <sork at worsdall.demon.co.uk>:
>
>> I want to pass the old and new password to my password script.
>>
>> i.e.
>>
>> /path/to/my/script oldpasswd newpasswd
>>
>> is this possible?
>
>Not exactly.  You might be able to adapt either your program to work
>with an existing driver like expect or procopen, or you might be able
>to adapt a driver like expect or procopen to work with your program.
>

>>      'params' => array(
>>          'program' => '/path/to/my/script + myargs'
>>      )
>
>Procopen runs a program passing the args as stdin.  Expect does similar
>based on prompts for the username and password.  As far as I know no driver
>yet passes the username and password as arguments to the program.
>
>> Doing this cos
>> a) cannot get the poppasswd backend to work, (Was hoping there would be
>> an imap backend)
>
>There is no way to change a password via imap (it isn't in the program).
>Maybe someone could help you get poppassd running?
>
>> b) once the password is successfully changed a load of other scripts are
>> fired up to populate other things.
>
>Might be able to do this with the expect + composite driver, or something,
>but it would depend on what you need to do, etc.

DOH!!! During all the checking of permissions I forgot to check the
permissions of the directory containing the script!! Once this fixed it
works fine!!!

Posted confession to remind other forgetful people like me:-)

So won't be writing a php script called sqlcrontab.php either!!

M.
--
Mark Worsdall
http://www.shadowrobot.com/  need a hand??