[sork] Passwd error using poppassd (password change works)

impuser@bitrealm.com impuser at bitrealm.com
Tue Mar 21 09:24:59 PST 2006

Quoting Eric Jon Rostetter <eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu>:

> We missed some reference removals in passwd before it was released, and
> they are fixed in CVS.  Either use the CVS commit patches to fix it,
> fix it yourself, upgrade to the CVS version, or live with it.

Ok, loaded the cvs version of passwd and now I no longer get the
errors using poppassd or even the expect script, which I couldn't get
working at all before.

> As a general rule, one should never have display_errors set to "On"
> for a production server.

Default php.ini-dist has display_errors set to "On", so I just left it
that way.  With such a small number of users on this server, it isn't
a big deal.  If I had it set to "Off", I would have never known to
upgrade to the cvs version.

Thanks!