[sork] Passwd error using poppassd (password change works)

Eric Jon Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Tue Mar 21 08:15:16 PST 2006

Quoting impuser at bitrealm.com:

> Nobody has any ideas?

Yes.  In the archives you will find something along the lines, I believe,
of:

We missed some reference removals in passwd before it was released, and
they are fixed in CVS.  Either use the CVS commit patches to fix it,
fix it yourself, upgrade to the CVS version, or live with it.

> I note in the FAQ for horde that this error is to be fixed in all H3
> application versions when using php 5.1; well, it appears that passwd
> needs some attention as I'm running passwd H3, 3.0.

Well, it appears that people didn't test the Release Candidates, so
some errors made it through.

> If I make the following change to my local php.ini:
>
> display_errors = Off
>
> Then I no longer receive the errors shown below.

As a general rule, one should never have display_errors set to "On"
for a production server.

Go Longhorns!