[sork] WG: Troubles with passwd and ldap

cy@htlwrn.ac.at cy at htlwrn.ac.at
Thu Mar 23 23:44:34 PST 2006

Hi
I am using Horde, Imp, Turba and Kronolith for our webmailsystem here
(1500+Users)
All works fine.
Now I want to implement Sorks
First I tried to configure passwd and it gives me a headache.
Here are my config.php and the backends.php:
<?php
/* CONFIG START. DO NOT CHANGE ANYTHING IN OR AFTER THIS LINE. */
// $Horde: passwd/config/conf.xml,v 1.12 2005/10/09 14:48:58 jan Exp $
$conf['menu']['apps'] = array();
$conf['backend']['backend_list'] = 'hidden';
$conf['user']['change'] = false;
$conf['user']['refused'] = array('root', 'bin', 'daemon', 'adm', 'lp'');
$conf['password']['strengthtests'] = false;
$conf['hooks']['full_name'] = false;
$conf['hooks']['default_username'] = false;
$conf['hooks']['username'] = false;
$conf['hooks']['userdn'] = true;
/* CONFIG END. DO NOT CHANGE ANYTHING IN OR BEFORE THIS LINE. */

// NOTE: to set the ldap userdn, see horde/config/hooks.php
$backends['ldap'] = array(
    'name' => 'LDAP Server',
    'password policy' => array(
        'minLength' => 5,
        'maxLength' => 10
    ),
    'driver' => 'ldap',
    'params' => array(
        'host' => 'ldap.htlwrn.ac.at',
        'port' => 389,
        'basedn' => 'ou=people,ou=mail,o=htlwrn,c=at',
        'uid' => 'uid',
        // this will be appended to the username when looking for
the userdn.
        'realm' => 'ou=people,ou=mail,o=htlwrn,c=at',
        'encryption' => 'crypt',
        // make sure the host == cn in the server certificate
        'tls' => false
    )
);
and the userdn hook looks like this:

 if (!function_exists('_passwd_hook_userdn')) {
     function _passwd_hook_userdn($auth)
     {
         return 'uid=' . $auth . ',ou=people,ou=mail,o=htlwrn,c=at';
     }
 }

At this time, after clicking on the Submit Button all that happens is,
that the window gets white, and nothing more
Strangely enough sometimes the pw really changes on the ldap server ???
So if anyone please could be so kind to tell me the correct parameters
 for the files above, I cant find anything helpfull in the
docu/mailinglist archive (e.g. is the 'uid' a placeholder or should this
really say 'uid'?).
Thanks for ANY help
Werner

Prof. Mag. Werner CYRMON
HTBLuVA Wr. Neustadt Abt. EDVO http://cyx.htlwrn.ac.at
<http://cyx.htlwrn.ac.at/>
It could probably be shown by facts and figures that there is no
distinctivly native American criminal class except Congress. (M.Twain)