[sork] Changing passwords with mailenable backend

Eric Jon Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Mon Aug 7 10:28:31 PDT 2006

Quoting Helen Biernacki <coach at halinasplace.com.au>:

> I'm running the horde email imp on windows xp iis - all working fine.  Now I
> have downloaded the chande password module but nothing seems to fit for
> mailenable - which backend option do I choose - how do I make a request for
> this to be implemented?

You would need to talk to the company producing mailenable and find out:

1) How and where do they store their passwords?
2) Is there an API to change their passwords available to external software?
3) Have they, or will they, support some external password changing facility
    such as poppassd?

Once you have one or more of the above answers, assuming any of them are
positive answers, you can post back to the list for help.

You make a request for it to be implemented either here on the list or as
an enhancement request for the passwd module at http://bugs.horde.org/
but in any case, you will probably need to do the above research first.

Go Longhorns!