[sork] Information Needed...

Eric Jon Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Fri Sep 1 10:09:32 PDT 2006

Quoting "Ashley M. Kirchner" <ashley at pcraft.com>:

>    Before I endeavor down the Sork path, I'd like to know whether this
> is even possible:  We have a dedicated web server where all "non-user
> owned" web applications go on, including Horde/IMP.  Then we have a
> dedicated user server where everyone lives.  Users connect directly to
> that machine.  We don't use LDAP or anything other than the plain and
> simple shadow/pam passwords.  We do however export the user information
> through NIS+ to our mail spooler which simply stores incoming mail.
>
>    So, would Sork be able to work in such an environment, and be able
> to change user passwords/forwards/vacation etc., etc.?

I don't see why not, unless you run up against some local security
policies that get in the way...

Sork is just a front end to existing tools, so whether it is possible or
not depends on if you have, or can install, those tools, and if the web
server can connect to those tools.

I would be suprised if sork wouldn't work in your environment, policies
issues aside.

Go Longhorns!