[sork] Information Needed...

Eric Jon Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Fri Sep 1 10:29:11 PDT 2006

Quoting "Ashley M. Kirchner" <ashley at pcraft.com>:

>    However, those tools aren't on the same server.

Doesn't matter, as long as you can reach the needed servers.  You might
change passwords via poppassd, ssh, yppasswd, etc.  You might setup the
.forward file via ftp, etc.  They don't have to be on the same machine,
but the Horde/IMP machine will need to be able to connect and update the
machine where the tools live/run.

> Horde/IMP (and
> Sork) are on a completely different server, one that does not hold any
> of the users' information.

Mine setup is similar...  This is not really relevent.

> At the moment I only have Horde/IMP
> installed and IMP authenticates via IMAP, however how would Sork
> perform any of its tasks if it doesn't live on the same machine?

How ever you configure it to, based on your setup.  Maybe you need
to read the sork documentation to find out how they work?

I'm not going to say it is possible, because your network folks may
outlaw all the protocols we support (poppassd, ftp, etc) or you may not
have the needed software available for other methods (ssh, expect, etc).
But, these are policy issues, and are not as such a sork issue.

Go Longhorns!