[sork] Gnarwl with Sork Vacation.

Eric Jon Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Tue Sep 19 11:55:13 PDT 2006

Quoting "Mustafa A. Hashmi" <mahashmi at gmail.com>:

> Following instructions on
> http://wiki.horde.org/SorkVacationWithGnarwl, I have gnarwl working
> quite well on our mail system.

Cool.

> However, when I go to setup parameters
> for vacation via horde setup and finalize the configuration file, the
> system results in a fatal  error when I click on the vacation link.

This is a bug in the ldap driver...

> The exact error message reported is:
>
> Fatal error: Cannot use object of type PEAR_Error as array in
> /lustre/www/vhosts/horde/data/vacation/lib/Driver/ldap.php on line 56

_getUserDetails() is returning a PEAR_Error object when it shouldn't
at line 292 and should be fixed.

But, the reason you are getting this is because it can not bind
to the ldap server.  So you need to determine why it can't connect to the
ldap server (either a networking issue, or a configuration issue).

> Reading the INSTALL doc, one of the listed prerequisites is that the
> vacation program must be running on the localhost.

This should not be required, and is not the problem.

> LDAP hostname: ldap1.company.com
> LDAP port: 389
> LDAP procotol version: LDAPv3
> BaseDN: dc=company,dc=com
> UserDN: ou=people,dc=company,dc=com
> attribute to search for: vacationActive
> Value if enabled: true
> Value if disabled: false
> RDN attribute: uid
> Method to retrieve aliases: none

Either some of the above is wrong, or the web server can't connect to the
ldap server over the network...

> I was told on #horde (freenode) to file a bug report here, however,
> I'd much rather confirm my setup before making noise in that
> direction.

You should file a bug as there is definately a bug in the code (returning
the wrong return value type).  But, that isn't the cause of your failure,
it is simply the reason your failure is mysterious instead of being reported
back to you.

> If someone could please shed some light on this, it would be much
> appreciated.

See above.

> Regards,
> Mustafa.