[sork] vacation not working with qmail, autorespond, vpopmail

Rick Romero rick at havokmon.com
Thu Jun 21 12:14:49 UTC 2007

Hi Claus,

Here's what I attempted to post to the list:
---------------------------
Hi All,

Well, as I was looking for this list, I see I'm behind a version, but no
matter - I didn't do a 'proper' integration anyways.
http://www.havokmon.com/stuff/horde/vacation

This is based on Vacation H3 3.0

I've created a vpopmailsql.php Driver that will create a 'qmailadmin'
compliant vacation message and .qmail file.  It still uses ftp to put
the data into the user's 'home' directory.  I saw a couple posts looking
for another way, but IMHO, using pureftp works just fine.  pureftp will
do SQL auths and grab the home dir from SQL, you can specify a uid (89
is usually vpopmail), and set the users chroot.

Anyhow, an autorespond vacation message looks like:
From: email at home.com <newline>
Subject: Vacation <newline>
<newline>
Text
<newline>

So the vpopmailsql.php does this for you.  I also modified the main.php
to display the vacation message correctly, as 3.0 doesn't do the 'From'
address.   The only bug is the 'Subject' line has an extra space at the
beginning because of how I snipped it.

The driver uses mostly vars from the conf.php file, but I didn't finish
the SQL integration so Mysql_connect/query are hardcoded.

I kinda ran out of steam.