[sork] vacation not working with qmail, autorespond, vpopmail

Rick Romero rick at havokmon.com
Sat Jun 23 02:38:37 UTC 2007

On Jun 22, 2007, at 3:21 PM, Claus Szypura wrote:

> Rick Romero <rick <at> havokmon.com> writes:

>>> Hi Rick,
>>> many thanks for the link to the files.
>>> At first glance (didn't try it yet) this
>>> should work, at least for a mysql based vpopmail default
>>> installation.
>>> One little bit of couriosity: did you do it for a popmail compiled
>>> with
>>> --enable-many-domains (default). If so, I now have the task
>>> adapting it for
>>> --disable-many-domains,
>>> where each domain has its own table in the vpopmail
>>> database like so: my_first_domain_tld, my_second_domain_tld,
>>> anotherdomain_tld...
>>> because I did a compile configured --disable-many-domains
>>>

>> My hack does not account for a table for each domain.   All domains
>> are expected to be in the vpopmail table.
>>
>> It should be trivial though to modify it to search a table based on
>> the domain instead of the vpopmail table with an additional field.
>>

> Dear Rick,
>
> to change this to a vpopmail compiled with --disable-many-domains
> where each
> domain has it's own table like mentioned above isn't such trivial,
> at least not
> for me. I've tried it now for hours without success, my rather
> ridiculous php
> skills seem to be very insufficient for this task...
> Perhaps you have some hint for me? This would be really great!
>
> Claus

Hi Claus,

apply the attached diff - according to my v_mysql.h for 5.4.17
vpopmail, the table structure for multi-domains is the same as a
single domain, you just need to specify the table name as the domain
name.   This driver does that.  Also, add/change the following in
your vacation/config/conf.php:

$conf['server']['params']['default']['table'] = 'vpopmail';
$conf['server']['params']['default']['vpopmaildb'] = 'vpopmail';
$conf['server']['params']['default']['enablemultidomains'] = true;

The 'table' entry will be ignored (replaced with the domain name) in
SQL if 'enablemultidomains' is true.

Let me know.   If it works we'll update the fancy schmancy Wiki Entry
Chuck beautified ;)

Rick