[sork] vacation not working with qmail, autorespond, vpopmail

Rick Romero rick at havokmon.com
Mon Jun 25 12:34:19 UTC 2007

On Sun, 2007-06-24 at 18:55 +0000, Claus Szypura wrote:
> Rick Romero <rick <at> havokmon.com> writes:
>

> Hi Rick,
>
> I now have installed the pureftfd, but didn't set up the confs
> you did supply below yet.
> Now when I install a vacation via qmailadmin the vacation module
> reads it, really! And is able to delete it too!

Excellent!

> So far - so good...
> But when I try to install the vacation via horde,
> the .qmail file and everything is generated,
> but an error pops up:
>
> Warning:
> mysql_result(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource
> in /var/www/webmail/vacation/lib/Driver/vpopmailsql.php on line 161
>
> There it says:
> 	/* Execute the query. */
> 	$getdata = mysql_query($query);
>         $result = mysql_result($getdata, 0, 0);
>
> and the .qmail file only contains:
> | /usr/local/bin/autorespond 86400 3 /vacation/message /vacation
> /Maildir/
>
> All path and user information is missing, so it looks
> like the sql query some lines above isn't pulling
> the username and path information to be inserted into
> the execution part!

Ok, you're right, the query isn't working as intended.

> I've tried this with several accounts - it is the same,
> the files and dirs are placed into the users maildir correctly
> but each time the .qmail file lacks the
> user and path info ~ :(

Try putting an   echo $query;   before the $getdata = mysql_query line

That should show the query in your browser.  Post that, and let's see
what it's trying to do.

> > Know any C ?
> It's more than 20 years ago me dealing with BASIC
> but forgot all and everything...
>
> I think if it is possible to change the query in vpopmailsql.php it should work.
> I've tried to do it similar to the passwd vpopmail.php:

I was thinking you may have to modify PureFTP to work with your setup,
but it appears to be working properly...  Are you using MySQL
authentication with PureFTP?  If so, can you post that query?

If you're able to get the proper path with PureFTP, we need to copy that
query for vpopmail to use.

Rick