[sork] vacation not working with qmail, autorespond, vpopmail

Rick Romero rick at havokmon.com
Tue Jun 26 19:59:41 UTC 2007

Hi Claus,

On Tue, 2007-06-26 at 20:49 +0200, info at centralmail.de wrote:
> Rick Romero <rick <at> havokmon.com> writes:
>

> Hi Rick,
> I think I've managed it
> >Try putting an
> echo $query;
> before the $getdata = mysql_query line
>
> This has been the direction!
> >That should show the query in your browser.
> Post that, and let's see what it's trying to do.
> It showed an empty string indeed so that nothing had been passed to the
> execution

Hrm, I must have munged something up.

> I did it like so:
>
> $link = mysql_connect('my_localhost', 'my_vpopmail_table',
> 'my_vpopmailtable_pass');
> if (!$link) {
> 	die('Could not connect: ' . mysql_error());
> }
>
> if ($this->_params[$realm]['enablemultidomains']){
> list($cur_email,$cur_domain) = split('@',$my_email,2);

<snip>

> The echo shows a properly filled result string:
>
> SELECT pw_dir FROM vpopmail.my_domain_de WHERE (pw_name) LIKE
> 'I-myself'

Ahhh I see.  I didn't realize the table was underscores.  That should
have been obvious :)

> but this too (only visible when echo is on):
>
> Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by
> (output started at /var/www/mail/vacation/lib/Driver/vpopmailsql.php:155)
> in /var/www/mail/vacation/templates/common-header.inc on line 4
>
> Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by
> (output started at /var/www/mail/vacation/lib/Driver/vpopmailsql.php:155)
> in /var/www/mail/vacation/templates/common-header.inc on line 5
>
> BUT: if echo is off the screen is clean and I get a properly
> filled .qmail file
> and a proper vacation message sent back too !!! :-)))

Excellent!  Yeah, you'll get the header errors if you echo out data
before the page is started.  That's normal ;)

> >I was thinking you may have to modify PureFTP to work with your setup,
> >but it appears to be working properly...  Are you using MySQL
> >authentication with PureFTP?  If so, can you post that query?
>
> I don't know - compiled pureftf
>  ./configure --with-extauth --with-privsep --without-inetd
> found it accidentally here:
> http://www.qmailinfo.org/index.php/Ftpauth

Oh nice.

> But as you can see above I had to fill in the login specs
> for the vpopmail db.
> Is this the correct way to do so?

It looks fine to me.  It's probably a better way to do it, as my SQL
Auth from PureFTP doesn't account for multiple tables.

> >If you're able to get the proper path with PureFTP,
> we need to copy that
> >query for vpopmail to use.
> I think I have to get into that too :)

I think the solution you found is by far the better one.

> So now I'm thinking that there is it: a horde vacation for vpopmail
> where each domain has its own table -
> man I'm that happy! Perhaps now you can polish the
> wiki? How can someone do that?

If you like, you can upload your vpopmailsql.php file to the wiki.  If
you'd like to change the text, feel free.  If not, I don't mind doing
it.

> AND: many thanks for your wonderful patient help!

No Problem.

> BTW: some post further down is a post of mine telling that I've managed
> to get it to work with passwd also (with this vpopmail setup)-
> another case for the wiki?

I'm sure Chuck would love it :)   What I did was just take another wiki
entry, and 'edit' it to see the 'source'.  Then I created a new entry in
a new Firefox tab, and used the other wiki entry as a template.

Rick