[sork] Refactoring the Forwards LDAP driver

Eric Jon Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Mon May 5 21:44:37 UTC 2008

> Realms are from pre-conf.xml times but still work. You can add
> backend configurations manually to conf.php for certain realms, i.e.
> $conf['server']['params']['horde.org'] for all *@horde.org users.

All true.

> In a modernized version of Forwards, this would probably better done
> through hooks.

Sounds reasonable...

> OTOH, a modernized version doesn't make too much sense since we
> should finally merge it into Ingo.

For forwards/vacations yes, but passwd is another issue still...
(And Accounts is not of concern, since it is a Block in modern Horde...)

I guess my concern would be _when_ ingo might get full (or near full)
forwards/vacation functionality so we can depreciate them...  If soon,
then no problem.  If later, than maybe we should work on sork still.

> Jan.

> http://horde.org/consulting/

Go Longhorns!