[sork] Vacation AND forward?

Eric Jon Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Thu Jun 12 20:33:37 UTC 2008

Quoting "Katy Eggering" <katy at by-design.net>:

> I'm running vacation (:Revision:      $Revision: 1.5.2.2 $) and forward
> successfully (using .forwards) with sendmail.   I am looking for a way
> to allow the users to ALSO forward their email when they set their
> vacation message.

Not supported with the .forwards driver.

> Is this a function that I can enable already?  I've
> searched the faqs and archives and haven't found anything.  If it isn't
> a function I can turn on--has anyone done the development already?

Only way to do this would be to do two different drivers (for example,
you could install ingo, and use it for one function, and sork for the
other... Or you could install ingo and use it for everything).

> My current workaround is to have an admin manually edit the
> vacation-created .forward file and add ", <user to forward to>"
> It's ugly, so I'd really like the users to be able to do this without
> involving an admin..

Maybe check out ingo instead and see if that will work for you?
http://www.horde.org/ingo/

> Thanks.
> Katy
>
> --