[sork] passwd question

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Thu Jun 19 20:30:43 UTC 2008

For the first time, I downloaded installed Passwd (3.0.1 I think it is -
and latest Horde Release 3.2.1)

I commented all items of backends.php out except for smbldap and
configured it to work as I would expect.

I chose the smbldap because I would like it to change userPassword,
sambaLMPassword, sambaNTPassword attributes (the sambaLMPassword is
probably unnecessary but anyway)...

I gave it my old and new passwords and I get this message on screen...

Failure in changing password on Samba/LDAP Server: Insufficient access

but all three passwords (userPassword, sambaLMPassword and
sambaNTPassword) seemed to have changed anyway.

This is the ACL I'm using in LDAP...does this pose a problem?

access to attrs=userPassword,sambaNTPassword,sambaLMPassword
        by dn.exact="uid=admin,ou=People,dc=example,dc=com" write
        by self write
        by anonymous auth
        by * none

I've been using this ACL for a pretty long time in a number of
locations...

Craig