[sork] Ingo and vacation

Eric Jon Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Thu Jan 22 18:41:34 UTC 2009

Quoting Claudio Prono <claudio.prono at atpss.net>:

> I use Postfix with Dovecot (Dovecot for the deliver, and also for imap
> and pop3). I have installed Ingo with Horde, to try the vacation system.

Ingo should work, if you choose a backend that is supported for your system.

> I have read sork can be used for the vacation (autoresponder), so i have
> installed it and configured.

Might work, if you select a backend that is supported for your system.
In general, Ingo is prefered over sork's vacation though, if it can be
used in your environment.

What backend did you configure?

> It starts correctly, i can see the web
> interface inside horde, but...no vacation. Where is the vacation?

Depends on the backend you configure; many backends are supported by
Ingo/Sork, but you need to match it with what your server supports.

> My goal is to find a vacation program working with this configuration...
> any help or howto is very useful to me..

Without knowing your system, or what you've tried as far as backends,
it is hard to say. Since I don't (yet) use postfix, and since I use
dovecot only for pop/imap (not deliver), I can't really recommend any
particular setup...

> Any help?

You should provide more information as to what backend(s) you are trying to
use, since the help will vary by backend and by application (sork vs ingo,
postfix vs dovecot, etc).

Ingo supports the procmail backend, and I think both dovecot and postfix
can use procmail, so I might suggest that.  I would also think all three
support sieve, but I'm not as sure about that, and even if they all do they
may or may not be compatible sieve versions...  So procmail may be easier
to setup...