[sork] vacation problem

Eric Jon Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Mon Mar 23 19:37:38 UTC 2009

Quoting carlos protasi <protasic at yahoo.fr>:

> i m a bit new on these topics. I have configured a mail server with
> postfix cyrus sasl. I configured horde and it works ok. But my
> problem is when i configure the vacation software.

The vacation module is just an interface for configuring your (assumed
to be) existing vacation software.  It does not provide the vacation
software/process itself, just a way to configure your vacation software
via the web.

You might look at the ingo modules instead (http://www.horde.org/ingo/).

> I don't really know what driver i have to choose.

Nor do we, since we don't know your system, and if you even have any
vacation support installed.

> Right know it is configured with the exim mailer with mysql,

Seems strange if you use postfix and not exim?

> it makes all the changes to the users table but when i start the
> service it doesnt work.

What service are you starting?

> I mean, everything looks fine but when an email arrives, there is no
>  vacation auto responder mail.

Well, the vacation module's job is to configure it (make it look fine in the
database as you say), not to actually send the vacation messages...

> I think may be i have to change something at my postfix service? or
> may be choose another driver...

My guess would be you are using the wrong driver... I don't know if
postfix supports the .forward file system -- if so you might try that.

Unfortunately I don't use postfix, and don't know anything about it
or if it has vacation or .forward support...

But I might also recommend you look at ingo instead, as it is more
"modern" software and better supported...

> thanks
> carlos

This message is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind,
either expressed or implied.  Use this message at your own risk.