[sork] Configuration problem with sork

Eric Jon Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Mon Aug 31 20:54:57 UTC 2009

Quoting Michel Bulgado <michel at casa.co.cu>:

> it should use encryption, "MSAD" when at least not this stated in the
> documentation?

I think so; I think the docs just never got updated.  If you get this
working, please help us update the docs.

> The following is a list of supported encryption/hashing
>  *            methods supported by Passwd.
>  *
>  *            1) plain
>  *            2) crypt or crypt-des
>  *            3) crypt-md5
>  *            4) crypt-blowfish
>  *            5) md5-hex
>  *            6) md5-base64
>  *            7) smd5
>  *            8) sha
>  *            9) ssha
>  *
>

> So which of these should I use?

It should be using getCryptedPassword() and such from horde/Framework/Auth,
which supports those plus msad...  If I remember right...   So IMHO, msad
is the correct setting for AD...

This message is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind,
either expressed or implied.  Use this message at your own risk.