[sork] Configuration problem with sork

Eric Jon Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Tue Sep 1 16:37:50 UTC 2009

Quoting michel at casa.co.cu:

> the error is returned by the browser: " Failure in changing password
> for LDAP Server: Could not bind to LDAP server ". I went to the logs

Okay, so we can't bind to the server...

What OS is the horde webmail running on (linux, windows, etc)?
Can you bind to your AD server using a PHP script at all? (E.g.,
do you have the proper ldap support working in php?  Unfortunately
passwd/test.php doesn't test this stuff, that's a bit of an oversight
probably).

It seems it can connect (or there error would be connect, not bind).
So it is definately a bind issue.

You might try setting "admindn" and "adminpw" and bind as the admin
account?  Or are you against that for some reason?

Or you could put debugging lines in passwd/lib/Driver/ldap.php (around
line 159 in my copy) to see what username/password it is trying to
bind with, which might reveal some issue?

This message is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind,
either expressed or implied.  Use this message at your own risk.