[sork] Passwd Problems - Cannot Change password, no UPDATE applied

Simon Brereton simon.brereton at dada.net
Wed Oct 21 18:16:36 UTC 2009

That's what I meant below when I said the custom sql queries were in backends.php (but commented out).  I presume if they aren't commented, then they override the ones in main.php?  In anycase, I've tried with and without custom queries and I see the same thing in the logs.  I think we can rule that out.

You do raise one issue - for some reason when mysql create databases - unless I specify UTF-8 - it defaults to latin1_swedish_ci - do you think this could be the issue?  (On a side note, I'd love to stop mysql from doing that..).

> > I can increase my mysql logging to show results I guess, but I'm
> > 100% sure I'm
>
> Probably the best place to start.  Once you see the exact query it uses,
> you can try that by hand and see if what is returned is what you expect.

So I tried the query I was seeing in the logs by hand before I wrote yesterday and was seeing what I expected.  Unfortunately, I don't seem to be able to increase the logging in mysql to show responses - I'll keep looking but for now it would appear that my issue is:

Either
	-	The DB response is not in the same encoding as the one in the form and this is somehow causing it to choke (there are no special characters, etc).
Or
	-	since the by-hand query is returning what's expected the web form is transmitting something else (which I thought we'd ruled out by inputting the password - which let's face it, even if it is what the browser stored is the correct one).

I can't really rule out either of those unless I can get the mysql log to be more verbose...

> > example query_lookup in the backends.php (which is obviously still
> > commented out but customised for my sanity) returns the correct
> > result from the CLI.
>
> I'm not sure what you mean here...

See above..