[sork] Passwd Problems - Cannot Change password, no UPDATE applied

Simon Brereton simon.brereton at dada.net
Thu Oct 22 19:28:36 UTC 2009

So, I've changed the database to UTF-8 (not that it should have mattered).  Same result.

I've tested that the password Firefox is putting in is correct by the simple expedient of trying to "change" the password with the (current) correct password.  Passwd correctly sees these two strings as the same.

So, we're back looking at what the DB says.  I've tested the query - the default one and the customised one in backends.php - I still have no idea what passwd is seing, but these queries return the correct result in the mysql cli interface (basically, I've just pasted them from the log).  I did note that the log contains a call to the horde before it makes a call using the sql backend I set up.  Is this normal?

091022 19:59:45     576 Connect     root at localhost on
                    576 Init DB     horde
                    576 Init DB     horde
                    576 Init DB     horde
                    576 Query       SELECT pref_scope, pref_name, pref_value FROM horde_prefs WHERE pref_uid = 'simon at lydiard.net' AND (pref_scope = 'passwd' OR pref_scope = 'horde') ORDER BY pref_scope
                    577 Connect     postfix at localhost on
                    577 Init DB     Mail
                    577 Init DB     Mail
                    577 Query       SELECT Password  FROM MailAccounts  WHERE EmailAdd = 'simon at lydiard.net'
                    576 Quit
                    577 Quit

I've tried encrypting both.

I've tried adding the BD to the SELECT/UPDATE queries (just in case something in $deamon wasn't working properly.

I'm at a loss to see what else I can do - I wish there was a way to add debug lines to main.php so I could see the variable being returned to mail.php.

Any more hints/tips are welcome.

Thanks.

Simon