[sork] Passwd Problems - Cannot Change password, no UPDATE applied

Eric Jon Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Thu Oct 22 20:55:19 UTC 2009

Quoting Simon Brereton <simon.brereton at dada.net>:

> I'm at a loss to see what else I can do - I wish there was a way to
> add debug lines to main.php so I could see the variable being
> returned to mail.php.

You probably don't want it in mail.php, but in sql.php...

It logs to the log file (syslog, or file, depending on your Horde setup).
It should log things at the DEBUG level, so make sure you have that
enabled...

Add lines where needed for debugging, ala:

Horde::logMessage('SQL Query: ' . $sql, __FILE__, __LINE__, PEAR_LOG_DEBUG);

For example, right after line 129 of passwd/lib/Driver/sql.php were it says:

$current_password = $row[$this->_params['pass_col']];

You could add:

Horde::logMessage('Current password returned from DB as: ' .
$current_password, __FILE__, __LINE__, PEAR_LOG_DEBUG);

Then check the logs for what it is doing (tail -f anyone???).  Of course,
make sure you have configured Horde's logging properly...

> Any more hints/tips are welcome.

Hope the above helps!

> Thanks.
>
> Simon

This message is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind,
either expressed or implied.  Use this message at your own risk.