[sork] Vacation and Forwards on virtual users/domains server

Simon Brereton simon.brereton at dada.net
Fri Dec 18 15:51:44 UTC 2009

Very succinct Jan - but my reading of the documentation is too that there's a difference (and so this is a project I haven't yet got around to attempting).  The setup documentation and howtos seem to refer distinctly to real system accounts as opposed to virtual users.  I quote from the documentation...

5   Known Problems

5.1   FTP/Dot-forward Driver

Realize that this driver works by setting up a .forward file in the user's account. It does this (at the moment) in a exclusive fashion....  Virtual users do not have an account.  So where would this .forward file be placed/found/located?

Perhaps a more fitting response would be a 4 line item on the approach to take when using virtual users (after-all, in most cases authentication is already done against the IMAP server).

If you or any other person has done a setup with virtual users, I would love to follow the logic.

SPB