[sork] failure in changing password for horde authentication:user not found

Eric Jon Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Tue Sep 28 15:15:43 UTC 2010

Quoting Nada Aziz <nada.aziz at hashab.com>:

> mail  but when i try to change the password it says ( failure in
> changing password for horde authentication:user not found) i am using

Just a guess, but usually this is a username format issue.  By this, I
mean usually it is caused by passing, or not passing, the domain along
with the username.

So if you login as "user" but the database has you as "user at example.com"
then you get this error.  And the opposite, if you login as "user at example.com"
but the database has you as "user", you get this error.  Another issue
similar to this could case-sensitivity of the username...

> any help will be appreciated, thanks in advance.

All I can suggest is the usual: check your logs (horde, sql, system logs).
Enable debugging everywhere possible if needed (php, horde, sql, etc).
The error reported to the web browser is rarely sufficient, but something
should be logging (or can be setup to log) more details...

This message is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind,
either expressed or implied.  Use this message at your own risk.