[sork] failure in changing password for horde authentication:user not found

Simon Brereton simon.brereton at dada.net
Tue Sep 28 15:48:11 UTC 2010

Do you actually have any data in the horde_users table?  Are you actually using that table to authenticate Horde access too?

> > any help will be appreciated, thanks in advance.
>
> All I can suggest is the usual: check your logs (horde, sql, system
> logs).
> Enable debugging everywhere possible if needed (php, horde, sql,
> etc).
> The error reported to the web browser is rarely sufficient, but
> something should be logging (or can be setup to log) more details...

If your answer to that question is yes, then Eric's advice is the way to go.  What happens when you run a mysql query from the commandline on those parameters?  The easiest way to troubleshoot this is bump up the MYSQL logging (don't forget to take it down again unless you want a half gig of logs), tail the log and watch what goes through when you actually try to change your password on the interface).

That fixed it for me, because it reveals what you're actually asking mysql and then you can work on fixing that.

Simon