[sork] failure in changing password for horde authentication:user not found

Simon Brereton simon.brereton at dada.net
Thu Sep 30 19:41:43 UTC 2010

> From: sork-bounces at lists.horde.org [mailto:sork-

>          'database'   => 'postfix',
>          'table'      => 'mailbox',
>          'user_col'   => 'username',
>          'pass_col'   => 'password',
>          'show_encryption' => false,
>
>         ),
>     )),
>  ));
>
> but i got (failure in changing password for Example All services:
> Failure in changing password for Horde Authentication: Unable to
> connect to sql server) please help, i am new to horde and dont know
> php
> thanks in advance

Looks fine, but no one but you can comment on your system.  Your problem is not a lack of understanding of php, it's a lack of understanding about mysql.  The horde backend is set up so that no knowledge of php is necessary (which is amazing when you think of it).

Add these lines to you last block under show_encryption
	'query_lookup' => 'SELECT password FROM mailbox  WHERE username = %u',
	'query_modify' => 'UPDATE mailbox SET password = %p WHERE username = %u',

But if it doesn't resolve your issue, you're going to have to increase your debugging on the mysql.log and watch it in realtime as you tinker.  Until you do that no one can help you - especially not yourself.  The mysql log is the only place you'll work out whether the input from your form and the actions passwd is trying to do match your DB and structure.

Simon