[conduit] HotSync problems

Marcus I. Ryan marcus at horde.org
Tue Jul 15 09:20:36 PDT 2003

Quoting dimon at intellinetinc.com:

> BTW, what this password is for?

We must keep your horde password in your preferences.  We protect it
by requiring a second password to encrypt this data.

> HordeSync: There was an error retrieving your encrypted data. Some
> of your
> encrypted data has been lost.

It means some of your encrypted data was lost, or we have a bug that
needs fixed when sensing data encryption.  Probably the latter as I
think I expect a user to enter data the first time they come in - a
bad assumption.

> Memopad does not support Handles to Horde Syncing yet. And the same
> thing for
> all other modules.

Curently HordeConduit only supports overwriting the local PDA database
(PC Overwrite Handheld).  It does not support Sync, etc. I won't
promise, but I believe this is all documented in one place or another
in the INSTALL and README files.  Could be wrong though...

Marcus I. Ryan, marcus at riboflavin.net
 "Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra and then suddenly it
 flips over, pinning you underneath.  At night, the ice weasels come."
                 -- Matt Groening