[sync] Update on my syncml development...

Anthony Mills amills at gascard.net
Thu Nov 6 12:09:34 PST 2003

How much support does this have?  I have written a syncml server in Java
that some what interfaces horde.  It supports WBXML and XML.  I didn't
know much work was done on SyncML at this point.  Unfortunately, (I
wanted to use SAX and InputStreams) it is all in Java.  It uses a mysql
database to read and write the records, currently only turba objects.
If anyone is interested in helping me finish, I will be happy to donate
the code to Horde, or host the code myself.  I had hope to have more
finished before I posted, but I wanted to let people know what I was doing.

AFAIK  There are a number of SyncML clients that (unfortunatly not free)
support a number of PIM clients.  I am testing with one for MS Outlook,
Pocket PC and Palm.  I am running close to the expire dates, so I may
have to cut it down to one client.

BTW the code runs under Tomcat server.

Let me know what you think,

Anthony