[sync] Update on my syncml development...

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Thu Nov 6 13:20:05 PST 2003

[responding to these messages more or less in sequence]

Quoting Anthony Mills <amills at gascard.net>:

> How much support does this have?

What's the "this" here? The Horde syncing project? Not much, yet, but we're
gathering code and momentum as best we can, and it's one of the higher
priorities for a couple of developers.

> I have written a syncml server in Java that some what interfaces horde.  It
> supports WBXML and XML.  I didn't know much work was done on SyncML at this
> point.  Unfortunately, (I wanted to use SAX and InputStreams) it is all in
> Java.  It uses a mysql database to read and write the records, currently only
> turba objects. If anyone is interested in helping me finish, I will be happy
> to donate the code to Horde, or host the code myself.  I had hope to have more
> finished before I posted, but I wanted to let people know what I was doing.

It'd be interesting to see the Java code, but we want to go to PHP code
eventually, both to integrate with our RPC framework for ease of use
(http://cvs.horde.org/cvs.php/horde/lib/RPC/syncml.php), and, more importantly,
to make use of the Horde object model for interfacing with applications,
instead of trying to write to databases directly.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck at horde.org>
"I am not that interested in green food." - Average Joe