[sync] WBXML status

Anthony Mills amills at gascard.net
Thu Dec 4 13:13:05 PST 2003

Decoding is not perfect, but I think it will work.  The two main
problems are name spaces and opaque data.  The names spaces I can fix,
but they are mostly ignored anyway.  The opaque data is more important.
  iCalanders and such are sent as opaque data.  So is DefInf data.
DevInf data is actually another WBXML file inbeded into the WBXML file.
  It's nested.  Given the way php handles binary we can send the opaque
data just like it was a string, but it then makes XML invalid.  We
probably want to use some sort of event XML, I know I keep bring it up,
but this is why.  The encoder needs this too, because of opaque data.
So, I am going to change the Decoder slightly, to use events.  I'm
actually going to use XML_WBXML_ContentHandler in Decoder for both
encoding and decoding.  So if you actuall read this far, it means I'm
going work on the encoder and get WBXML work both ways, using
XML_WBXML_ContentHandler as the interface.

Thanks,

Anthony