[sync] WBXML status

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Thu Dec 4 13:39:05 PST 2003

Quoting Anthony Mills <amills at gascard.net>:

> Decoding is not perfect, but I think it will work.  The two main
> problems are name spaces and opaque data.  The names spaces I can fix,
> but they are mostly ignored anyway.  The opaque data is more important.
>   iCalanders and such are sent as opaque data.  So is DefInf data.
> DevInf data is actually another WBXML file inbeded into the WBXML file.
>   It's nested.  Given the way php handles binary we can send the opaque
> data just like it was a string, but it then makes XML invalid.  We
> probably want to use some sort of event XML, I know I keep bring it up,
> but this is why.  The encoder needs this too, because of opaque data.
> So, I am going to change the Decoder slightly, to use events.  I'm
> actually going to use XML_WBXML_ContentHandler in Decoder for both
> encoding and decoding.  So if you actuall read this far, it means I'm
> going work on the encoder and get WBXML work both ways, using
> XML_WBXML_ContentHandler as the interface.

Sounds fine to me - XML_WBXML_ContentHandler should probably move to its own
file in XML/WBXML/ContentHandler.php, then. I'll leave this to you until the
next round of patches comes in, and then I'll take a look and help as I can.
Okay?

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck at horde.org>
"I'm really... I'm not too fascinated by green food." - Average Joe