[sync] Problem with RPC

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Sat Dec 13 18:40:19 PST 2003

Quoting Anthony Mills <amills at gascard.net>:

> I cannot get rpc.php to work.  When I call /horde/rpc.php It does not
> create a syncml_wbxml object,

How are you calling it exactly?

> I edited rpc.php to create it, but it will
> not find the class.

Which class? Do you have XML_WBXML installed in your PHP include_path?

> I messed around for a few hours, and keep getting
> include file type errors:  does not exist, redefined, etc.  The last one
> being, Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class string in
> /usr/share/php/Horde/String.php on line 21.  Any ideas?  I know what it
> means, but I have no idea why it is doing that.  It seems to work when I
> set it to run syncml, but not syncml_wbxml.  If someone can fix it, or
> tell me what I'm doing wrong, I would be greatful.  Thanks,

If I hardcode the servertype to syncml_wbxml in rpc.php, I just get:

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in
/Library/WebServer/Documents/horde/framework/RPC/RPC/syncml_wbxml.php on line
51

... which we probably shouldn't let happen, but it's getting to the right place.
What PHP version are you using?

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck at horde.org>
"I'm really... I'm not too fascinated by green food." - Average Joe