[sync] Re: Requirements for Horde/Framework/SyncML

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Thu Jan 8 06:32:37 PST 2004

Quoting Peer Oliver Schmidt <pos at theinternet.de>:

> this is kind of a problem for me. I /try/ not to use rather large
> frameworks. If I have a need to fullfil, I try to find a small piece of
> code and will integrate it. "Just" for being able to sync, I'd rather
> not install the whole framework. But I might just well end up doing so,
> if that is the only way of getting this to work. I am currently even
> tempted to go shell-out some money to http://www.synthesis.ch/ and get
> there desktop ODBC syncing software for SyncML (at 100 EUR it might be
> the cheapest way).

Well, I think you're underestimating the task of writing a SyncML server a bit.
There's a pretty large framework that's needed just to provide the relevant
functionality. And the way we code things for Horde, and the way that this is
going to work, you *will* be able to use completely different applications as
the actual data repositories if you like.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck at horde.org>
"I'm really... I'm not too fascinated by green food." - Average Joe