[sync] SyncML & Ericsson P800

Anthony Mills amills at gascard.net
Thu Mar 11 11:38:08 PST 2004

Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:

> Quoting Iain McFarlane <imcfarla at ntlworld.com>:
>
>> Can someone give me a run down on how I connect my P800 to horde?
>

> This is not yet at the stage where non-developers can use it.

But, if you are a developer, then we could use the help

>> i.e. what is the URL that I need to enter?  I have tried
>> http://192.168.0.2/horde/rpc.php but my P800 does not connect.
>

> That'll be the URL. Your phone might not know how to talk to the local
> network,
> though.

You need a routable address.  Do you have nat, or something like that?
If you want to test it you can use Multisync, it can run on the local
addresses.

>> I am currently using IMAP (via imp) for login info (does this matter?)
>

> Shouldn't.

It should not matter, but I have had trouble with this.  It does not
load some of the files, so it does not login correctly.  This may only
be a problem on my system, and I found an easy way around it.

We still have some work to do to get the system working.  I think all
the methods and classes are done, we just need to call them correctly
and in the correct order.

Thanks for the interest,

Anthony