[sync] SyncML working! Step 2/3

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Wed Jun 30 14:57:41 PDT 2004

Quoting Karsten Fourmont <fourmont at gmx.de>:

> DataTreee/sql.php:
>
> 1) _load missed a $this->_connect

Actually, _connect() shouldn't need to be called at all, since it's called in
the constructor. I've adjusted the code accordingly.

> WB_XML/ContentHandler.php:
>
> My P900 was picky about the spacious XML the ContentHandler produces. It
> didn't like stuff like:
> <tag> password
> </tag>

I've just removed all extra space generated in there - no good reason for it,
and XML editors (or even IE or Mozilla) will all display things in a nice
tag-based tree anyways.

> Patch nag.patch
> ---------------

Committed as-is, thanks.

> Patch mnemo.patch
> -----------------

Committed as-is, thanks.

> Patch kronolith.patch
> ---------------------

This one I haven't touched yet because I'd like to discuss the iCalendar stuff
first.

Here's how things *should* work, IMO:

- Horde_iCalendar should handle charsets
- Horde_Data should handle iCalendar data via the Horde_iCalendar class, just
   providing the Horde_Data compatible API to it, instead of re-implementing
   parsing.

This is because Horde_iCalendar is *much* more robust about parsing/supporting
the whole iCalendar format than the Horde_Data code is.

If you can point me at where the missing charset support is, I'll try and add
it, or maybe Jan can help out. If you submit a patch for Kronolith stuff minus
the move away from Horde_iCalendar, I'll commit that, too. Hope that's not too
picky.

> Having full SyncML support in Horde would be really great: overtaking
> Exchange Server and Lotus Notes is fun :-)

Thanks for the work/contributions!

-chuck