[sync] SyncML working! Step 2/3

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Wed Jun 30 15:42:26 PDT 2004

>> Patch kronolith.patch
>> ---------------------
>
> This one I haven't touched yet because I'd like to discuss the
> iCalendar stuff
> first.
>
> Here's how things *should* work, IMO:
>
> - Horde_iCalendar should handle charsets
> - Horde_Data should handle iCalendar data via the Horde_iCalendar class, just
>    providing the Horde_Data compatible API to it, instead of re-implementing
>    parsing.
>
> This is because Horde_iCalendar is *much* more robust about
> parsing/supporting
> the whole iCalendar format than the Horde_Data code is.
>
> If you can point me at where the missing charset support is, I'll try and add
> it, or maybe Jan can help out. If you submit a patch for Kronolith

I didn't look at the code and RFCs again, but if the iCalendar standard is
affected by the same dumb changes as vCard, then the charset now has to be
specified by the mime part containing the iCalendar data. The problem is
that you don't have a mime part if you handle local iCal files. The
Horde_Data parser was written to support inline specification of charsets
that might no longer be supported by the standard anymore. Again, this is
only true if there were the same changes as in the vCard RFCs.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting.php