[sync] SyncML - a different approach

Karsten Fourmont fourmont at gmx.de
Thu Jul 1 07:06:35 PDT 2004

Hi Stefano,

thanks for the Info. Sync4J really looks like a great project.

I especially like the idea of providing a general API for
"sometimes-connected" applications. When I'll come around SyncML in a
project at work, Sync4J is the way to go.

However for me the SyncML stuff is a spare time fun project right now. And
it's basically centered around Horde/PHP at the moment.

But I'll keep an eye on Sync4J. The Sync4J<->Horde SOAP RPC connector seems
to be a good idea. I'm going to have to play around with SOAP in Java
anyhow, so this would be something useful. And cool J2ME applications that
can sync with a server would be something nice to play with, too...

Best Regards