[sync] Status on Horde synching?

Karsten Fourmont fourmont at gmx.de
Thu Sep 9 02:14:07 PDT 2004

Hi,

unfortunately I haven't had much time lately do work on SnyML. I hope this will
get better by the end of the month.

Syncing with a P900 currently works fine for Kronolith, Tasks and Mnemo. (Only a
few non-standard attributes like alarms are missing).

I've got a patch for turba which makes contacts sync as well. Need to
refine it a bit to make it work with Turba's flexible attribute mapping (last
name/first name seperate attributes or not).

After finishing Turba, I'll try to look at the WBXML stuff.

In the long run we imho need some refactoring of the codebase and a solid
testing framework. Currently the learning curve to hack the code is way too
steep. And we need as many external contributions as possible: different
phones/syncML clients send different "flavors" of vcard and such.

Cheers,
 Karsten