[sync] Status on Horde synching?

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Thu Sep 9 08:37:26 PDT 2004

Quoting Karsten Fourmont <fourmont at gmx.de>:

> After finishing Turba, I'll try to look at the WBXML stuff.

This is on my list, too, but I'm also not sure where I'll get to it.

> In the long run we imho need some refactoring of the codebase and a solid
> testing framework. Currently the learning curve to hack the code is way too
> steep.

Suggestions on where to start with this are welcome. I'm hoping that the
inter-application part is relatively stable/good, though, since changing just
the package will be much easier going forward as this becomes stable code.

> And we need as many external contributions as possible: different
> phones/syncML clients send different "flavors" of vcard and such.

Definitely.

-chuck

Quincy Adams