[sync] Status on Horde synching?

Karsten Fourmont fourmont at gmx.de
Thu Sep 9 13:15:49 PDT 2004

Hi Joaquim,

(I think this might be of interest for the list, too)

You're right, the P900 seems to support https.
I was confused as the phone says "http" fixed in the control tab of the
remote sync config.

However if I try my installation with https, I get a similar error like
yours:

the phone connects and then says something like "unexpected characters"
(in German...).

horde seems to produce a valid output (a /tmp/sync syncml_server_xx.xml
file is there), but the apache process does segfault.

My apache2 error_log says:

[Thu Sep 09 21:57:49 2004] [notice] child pid 24000 exit signal
Segmentation fault (11)

Really looks like something nasty beyond our (at least my) scope:
maybe http://www.horde.org/faq/admin/trouble/index.php#t33 applies :-(

So at the moment the only solution I can think of is to fall back to
http. Not great, I admint. I had to turn on port 80 of my installation
just for syncml, too. However I only allow access to rpc.php (with a
different url)

Hope this helps,
   Karsten